Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue (1977)

August 13, 1977 - 44 Years Ago Today: Crystal Gayle debuted at No. 90 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart with her single, "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue." This Richard Leigh-penned song was the country singer's second Hot 100 single and her first hit on the Top 40 taking the song all the way to No. 2 for 3 weeks beginning November 26, 1977. It was prevented from hitting the pinnacle which was occupied by Debby Boone's 10-week reign with "You Light Up My Life." Crystal Gayle is the younger sister of country legend Loretta Lynn and Gayle has scored 52 hits on the Country Singles Chart between 1970-90, which includes 18 No. 1's. "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue," also enjoyed a four-week run at No. 1 on the Country Singles Chart and was certified Gold. The single won Grammys for Best Country Song awarded to its songwriter, Richard Leigh, and for Best Country Female Vocal. It also earned a CMA for Song of the Year. Please click the following link to view the accompanying video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9lz_yzrGZw


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10cc - I'm Not in Love -Traduction Française- Children of Divorce version

Here's The Amazing Story Of How 10cc Recorded "I'm Not In Love"

Old music: 10cc – I'm Not in Love